Measure E Bond Oversight Committee Members Needed
The Columbia Elementary School District was successful in the election conducted on November 4, 2014 in passing a general obligation bond. Pursuant to Section 15278 of the Education Code, the District is now obligated to establish the Oversight Committee to satisfy the accountability requirements of Prop 39.The Board of Trustees of the Columbia Elementary School District is seeking candidates to appoint to the committee.
Trustees will accept applications from January 26, 2015 until noon on February 13, 2015 from eligible residents indicating their interest in being considered for the appointment. Eligibility criteria established by Prop 39 includes:
- Member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- Member active in a senior citizen’s organization.
- Member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association.
- Member shall be a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the District.
- Member shall be both, a parent or guardian of a child enrolled in the district and active in a parent-teacher organization or school site council.
- Member of the community at-large appointed by the Board.
Interested applicants may contact the District Office to obtain an application at 10140 Old Oregon Trail or download the application from the District’s website, www.columbiasd.com by clicking here: Bond Oversight Committee Member Application
Completed applications may be hand delivered or mailed to:
Columbia Elementary School District
Attention: Clay Ross
10140 Old Oregon Trail
Redding, CA 96003
or email your completed application to email@example.com .
Any questions, please contact Clay Ross at 530-223-1915